Friday, April 6, 2012

Lakeside Mall


Lakeside Mall is a pretty well-known mall located in Sterling Heights.  This prime location is just past the end of m-59 surrounded by restaurants, Best Buy, Dave and Busters, and many other places that make this area quite attractive for someone looking for something to do.  Lakeside is quoted as “the best in shopping, entertainment, and dining” near Detroit.  Personally, I found my most recent experience at this mall to be quite entertaining and would definitely visit Lakeside Mall again.

During all four years that I was in high school, I went to Lakeside Mall with my older cousin for the Black Friday sales, bright and early at around five in the morning.  So typically when I imagine Lakeside Mall I picture a fun place bustling with people, all of which were finding great deals.  Though this certainly holds true, it was not quite as busy this trip as the ones I remembered, obviously because my only other encounters at Lakeside Mall were on Black Fridays.  This is not to say that the mall was not busy, because being a popular shopping center, there were lots of people, just not to an excessive extent.  Rather, it was a comfortable atmosphere. 

Lakeside mall is a perfect place to go shopping if you have children.  There is an amazing play center for kids.  Additionally there are stroller rentals for youngsters.  In terms of shopping for kids, Lakeside Mall has stores like Toy Box, Carousel, The Children’s Place, Crazy 8, Disney Store, Gymboree, Justice, and Carnival Cuts.  Personally, I would suggest taking children into the Disney Store.  Though I might be biased loving Disney as a kid, it is undeniable that the Disney Store offers a great selection of toys, clothes, and movies.  Not to mention the atmosphere created for kids is ideal, with a Disney movie playing on a giant television and occasional activities held here.  If I have children, there is no doubt in my mind that this Disney Store would be an essential stop. 

Lakeside Mall, like some other malls previously discussed, has programs to encourage involvement at the mall.  Last month was March as “Music is in Our Schools Month”.  This program invited elementary, middle, and high school students to perform their music at Lakeside Mall at various times throughout the month of March.  Lakeside Mall has also collaborated with Habitat for Humanity in order to develop a program, to help impoverished people in the community.  Finally, it was interesting to find out that Lakeside Mall is another mall that offers an “Inside Track Walking Club”.  I cannot help but be interested in these clubs due to my love for brisk walking so I now think even more highly of the mall finding out they too have a walking club and I think it is a wonderful idea that perhaps all malls should adopt. 

The apparel shopping throughout the mall ranges from casual to classy.  The Charlotte Rousse immediately caught my eye and I wandered in, purchasing the perfect jeans and a few tank tops all for one low price.  There were also Abercrombie, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Hollister, and countless other common shopping stores.  This mall also included Spencer’s and Hot Topic for more eccentric styles.  Overall, I was extremely impressed by my shopping experience at Lakeside Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment